We specialize in supporting homeschooling families.
Looking for Tutoring & Curriculum Support?
Visit our beautiful new Markham facility: RICHARDSON MONTESSORI Tutoring & Enrichment. We specialize in authentic Montessori experiences for part-time learners. Weekdays for homeschoolers and after school for mainstream students. Group & Private Sessions.
Contact: 647 268 6777
LOVE LEARNING, LOVE LIFE!
We offer a number of educational services for educators, parents, and students:
- Workshops for Homeschooling Parents and Educators
- Educational Consulting
- Curriculum Design
- Montessori Tutoring
- Montessori Workshops and Courses for Children
Educational consulting is available for educators and parents with students grades K-12.
In-person consultations are available in Toronto and the surrounding area including York Region, Durham and Mississauga. In-person consultations outside the greater Toronto area in Ontario, Canada and within a 100 km radius can also be arranged. Travel expenses may apply. Distance Consultation across Canada, US and abroad is available via Skype.
We can assist you with expert advice for your child in a variety of areas including:
- Choosing the best educational model for your child
- Enriching the learning process at home
- Incorporating Montessori learning materials
- Motivating your child to learn
- Fostering independence and responsibility in learning
- Advice for enhancing the learning process for learners with exceptionalities
For homelearning families:
We can assist you with expert advice to meet the individual needs of your child and family in a variety of areas including:
- Choosing a model of education to meet the needs of your family and child
- Suggestions for implementation of your chosen learning model
- Material selection to enhance the learning process
- Integrative learning opportunities in the home and community
- Fostering independence and responsibility in learning
- Motivation in learning at home
- Advice for enhancing the learning process for learners with Special Needs
- Incorporating Montessori philosophy and pedagogy at home.
If you’d like us to help you implement our suggestions, we can design curricula that are custom-made for your children.
Follow-up visits can be arranged for either tutoring children or coaching parents on next steps at the discounted consultation rate for homelearners.
For Childcare Centres:
Incorporating Montessori in ECE Environments
ECE Administrators, we are available to meet with you to discuss your vision for your childcare centre and advise you about incorporating Montessori philosophy and materials in your ECE environment. As an ECE professor and AMI Montessori Educator, Shelley Richardson M. Ed. offers expert advice in blending Montessori with ECE to enhance and enrich the learning process for the children in your personal care.
Curriculum Design: If you decide you’d like to implement our suggestions, we can lay out a curriculum for you that is custom designed to meet the needs of the targeted age group, with a detailed list of materials and their purposes.
Preschool and Before and After School designs available.
Staff workshops can also be arranged at a reduced rate, to instruct your teachers on the intended use and higher purpose of the materials/activities suggested in the custom design.
Professional Development: ECE childcare centres might also be interested in our informational and inspirational seminars and Montessori workshops for staff and administrative Professional Development opportunities.
Curriculum design is available for homeschooling families, ECE centres, and private schools wanting to incorporate Montessori-inspired philosophy and curricula.
- Holistic curricula are custom designed to meet developmental needs and interests.
- Grades K to 8
- For adolescents, we can offer parents advice on Erdkinder Montessori, a very ‘hands on the land’, reality-based learning that involves apprenticeships and environmental projects.
Homeschooling families may be interested in combining curriculum design with our consulting services: regular in-home visits for ongoing support and instruction for children and parents.
Montessori Tutoring & Enrichment Sessions
In-person Montessori tutoring and enrichment sessions are available in Toronto and the surrounding area including York Region and Durham. In-person consultations outside the greater Toronto area in Ontario, Canada and within a 100 km radius can also be arranged. Travel expenses may apply.
- Grades K to 12
- For students in public school, private school, or homeschool
- Group and private sessions available
Workshops and Courses for Children
Eddy Press workshops and courses for children can be booked by public and private schools, ECE childcare centres, parents of schooled children, and homeschooling families – anyone interested in supporting and enriching the learning experience of the children in their care.
For homeschooled children, it's a wonderful opportunity to move ahead with their learning in a group atmosphere and to have the experience of someone other than a parental figure giving lessons. It gives parents a break and children a great social and academic learning opportunity.
- Available as a one-time, full-day or half-day workshop, or a course divided into a series of sessions.
- Six- to eight-week Montessori courses covering a segment in a subject area, held once a week for an hour at a time, can be booked in Toronto and the surrounding area including York Region and Durham. Courses outside the greater Toronto area in Ontario, Canada and within a 100 km radius can also be arranged. Travel expenses may apply.
- Both workshops and courses are for small groups of 2 to 8 children
- The choice of topic is based on the group's general needs and interests, and selected from the following subjects in the Montessori curriculum:
- Human Biology
For each workshop or course, we focus on a portion of the Montessori curriculum:
For example: from the History strand, we can focus on the magnificent Time Line of Life. During the 6-8-week course, children are presented with inspirational lessons on the evolution of life across the Paleozoic, Mesozoic, Cenozoic & Neozoic Eras. Children are then given follow-up suggestions for projects to do in-between the classes. They are encouraged to follow their own interests for the research. They might choose, for example, to further explore Trilobites, Giant Cephalopods or Dinosaurs. Though not required, children are asked to share their findings in the form of a project the following class. The group is also encouraged to work collectively toward a final presentation of their discoveries to the parents on the last day of classes.
Through these invaluable learning opportunities, homeschooling children have opportunities to:
- develop critical thinking, research and organizational skills
- practice social and emotional skills such as cooperation and effective listening and speaking
- build confidence and self-esteem in sharing their ideas with others
- work in a supportive, non-competitive atmosphere
- experience the thrill of collectively working toward a common goal
- reinforce a passion for life-long learning